Smurf & Smurfette Tri
My First Half Marathon
July 27, 2021
Smurf & Smurfette
Join endurance athletes Smurf & Smurfette and their special guests as they talk through all things endurance sport, whether it be training, nutrition, balance, equipment, racing and much much more!
On this week's podcast, Smurf and Smurfette talk with first time half marathon runners Vanessa Van Bael and Annie May. With 6 to 9 months of training, both Vanessa and Annie have worked their way up to their first half marathon and recently achieved their goals at their respective events. We talk with Vanessa and Annie about;
- What inspired them to give a half marathon a go
- What event they chose and why
- What the training was like in the lead up to their first half
- Balancing life with training
- The challenges along the way including injuries, illness and even weddings!
- The highs and lows of race day
- What is coming next
Run Like A Girl
Smurf & Smurfette Instagram Page
Smurf & Smurfette Facebook Page