Smurf & Smurfette Tri
100k with Colin Sampton - Indigenous Marathon Foundation
February 22, 2021
Smurf & Smurfette
Join endurance athletes Smurf & Smurfette and their special guests as they talk through all things endurance sport, whether it be training, nutrition, balance, equipment, racing and much much more!
On this week's podcast, Smurf & Smurfette talk with Colin Sampton who, just last week, ran 100km up and down the Cairns Esplanade to raise money for the Indigenous Marathon Foundation. We chat with Colin about;
- Taking the first step out the door 10 years ago in his journey from barely running 300m to now running 100km
- His experiences with the Indigenous Marathon Project and his first marathon in New York, 2013
- What the Indigenous Marathon Foundation is and the great work from its Director and Australian marathon legend Robert de Castella
- The experience of running 100km on the Cairns Esplanade in mid-30 degree heat and 100% humidity
- What this means to Colin as a leader in his community and the message he is promoting
- What comes next...
Indigenous Marathon Foundation
Run Like A Girl
Smurf & Smurfette Instagram Page
Smurf & Smurfette Facebook Page